- To be an effective, efficient, participatory, gender sensitive and democratic Parliament that responds to the needs and aspirations of the people.
- To make laws for the good governance of the nation through effective representation of the people, providing oversight on the Executive Arm of Government, other public institutions, including parastatals and scrutinizing national finances and resources.
- Parliament must protect the constitution and promote democratic governance in Zimbabwe (derived in terms of Section 119(1) of the constitution as read with Section 117).
- Legislative (make laws)
- Provide oversight/demand accountability
- Represent the people
- Scrutinize delegated legislation
- Scrutinize and approve national budget
- Ratify protocols, conventions and treaties