Thank you for having followed this blog from me Linda Tanyaradzwa Manyemba and Mr Addmore Nyamuramba until next time, goodbye.
Happy with ongoing political dialogue, ready to welcome any parties that have not yet joined this noble cause.
– Culture of fear and violence must be uprooted from our societies.
Government concerned about monopolies and cartels which have caused unnecessary price hikes, Government is not going to re-introduce the Price Control Act, but will come up with stiffer penalties under the Competitions Bill.
Legislative Program for the Second Session of the Ninth Parliament:
– Determined to leapfrog the quality of our infrastructure, funds have been set aside for water irrigation, borehole rehabilitation, dam construction of Marovanyati dam a, expansion of the Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport and the New Parliament Building are on course.
– To promote trade and exports the upgrading of freight clearance is ongoing and will be speeded up.
– Business encourages to take advantage of the commissioning of the Walvis Bay Dry Port in Namibia.
– US$2.7 million has been secured from India, additional State of the Art machinery for the improvement of SME’s is ongoing.
– The Zimbabwe Women’s Microfinance Bank continues to disburse fund to women in order to promote women entrepreneurship in this sector of the economy.
– A viable electricity tariff has been given to ZESA, who must safeguard against corrupt tendencies.
– Severe electricity shortages are being faced due to the climatic changes that have led to the current drought the country is facing.
– An electronic National Fuel Monitoring scheme is going to be rolled out, it is currently being done by Harare Institute.
– Manufacturing Sector offers opportunities through backward and forward linkages.
– Government is putting in place duty free fertilizers to ensure that this year’s agricultural season becomes a success.
– A strategic amount in billions has been set aside for the Agricultural Sector, to ensure that inputs for crops ranging from cotton and maize has been put in place to support Command Agriculture programme.
– Only those with a proven track record will benefit from the Command Agriculture facility.
– Funds have also been set aside for machinery for the Command Agriculture.
– Bemoaned unscrupulous traders who are using multi tier pricing to worsen the cash shortages.
Highlights from the Speech;
His Excellency the President has started his address by asking the House to observe a minute of silence in honour of late Former President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Cde Robert Gabriel Mugabe, which has been duly observed.
The National Anthem is now being played for the second time, after His Excellency the President and the First Lady have now taken their positions in the National Assembly.
His Excellency the President’s procession has now entered the Parliament Building through the Courtyard and has now entered the National Assembly Chamber.
His Excellency the President’s procession has formed up in the Front Lobby in readiness to enter Parliament Building through the Courtyard.
The Chief’s Procession led by the President of the Council of Chiefs Hon Senator Chief Fortune Zephaniah Charumbira has now entered the Parliament Building, meanwhile business has been suspended in the National Assembly in readiness for the address by His Excellency the President.
The President of the Senate’s procession led by Sergeant-At-Arms Mrs Sarah Chimbadzwa who is immediately followed by the President of the Senate Hon. Mabel Memory Chinomona has now entered the Parliament Building.
The President of the Senate’s procession is now forming in the Senate Lobby in readiness to enter the Courtyard.
This is followed by the Speaker’s Procession led by the Principal Housekeeper Mr Christopher Sibindi who is immediately followed by the Speaker of the National Assembly Hon. Adv. Jacob Francis Mudenda.
Chief Justice Procession has formed and is now entering the Parliament Building led by Mrs Sohie Mpofu the Principal Housekeeper on their way into the National Assembly Chamber.
Senate Bells have started ringing summoning the Members of the Senate to go to the Senate Chamber.
His Excellency the President and the First Lady accompanied by the Service Chiefs are being led into Parliament Building by Sergeant-At-Arms Mr Nicholas Marufu.
His Excellency the President has now completed the Inspecting the Guard of Honour.
His Excellency the President is now bowing to the Zimbabwean flag held by the colour party.
His Excellency the President is now inspecting the Guard of Honour.
His Excellency the President has now been invited to inspect the Guard of Honour by the Parade Commander to mark the Official Opening of the Second Session of the Ninth Parliament of Zimbabwe.
The National Anthem is now being sung accompanied by a fly past by the Airforce of Zimbabwe and the booming of the 21 gun salute.
His Excellency the President Cde E.D. Mnangagwa and the First Lady Mrs Auxillia Mnangagwa have arrived at Parliament Building and have been met by the Sergeant-At-Arms Mr Nicholas Marufu.
The First Lady has taken her position behind the Dias.
Vice President Hon Kembo D. Mohadi has arrived at Parliament Building.
Members of the National Assembly have now assembled in the car park as they form their procession soon to be led into the Chamber by the Sergeant at Arms.
This has been immediately followed by the arrival of the Service Chiefs.
Guard of Honour has arrived at the Inspection Line outside Parliament Building and formed up.
Invited guests have now been ushered into the courtyard and have taken their seats in readiness for the State of the Nation Address and Official Opening of the Second Session of the Ninth Parliament.
Ministers and their spouses have now started arriving at Parliament Building.
Good morning and welcome to this blog brought to you by Ms T. L. Manyemba and Mr A. Nyamuramba.